We recently had the honor and privilege to get in a quick chat with NAPT, the freshest, next-generation club, emotronic, breakbeat duo to hit the earth since apple pie.
If you haven’t been keeping up with the latest electronic music awards, NAPT brought back home just a little something for their collection of honors and awards.
Best Breaks Track Beatport Music Awards 2009
Best Producer Breakspoll 2009
Best Track Breakspoll 2009
Best Remix Breakspoll 2009
With 2009 being one of their biggest, most productive years, NAPT is continuing to rip through Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Asia on several tours, showcasing their latest and greatest sets. Since DBM Labs is all about mixing, remixing, and producing music, we thought we might try to get in some questions about what they use to produce tracks and their inspirations for their music. Here’s a super dope track that they’ve released for download — DEFINITELY worth your time.
Here’s our short interview we had with the electro-duo:
dbmlabs: Where did you find the inspiration for this track?
NAPT:The streets of London town. An ever-evolving kaleidoscope of influence
dbmlabs: What equipment did you use to produce this track?
NAPT:Our vintage drum kit, some old school synthesisers including our Pro One, SE1 and Jupiter 8 for that chunky, warm and expensive sound along with our N-Funk electronic machine.
dbmlabs:How would you guys describe this track if someone couldn’t listen to it?
NAPT:Swirling and centrifugal melodic bliss giving way to rib straining bass groove and stepper’s delight drumbreak refrains. Lunar, disco, rock, N-Funk.
dbmlabs:How long was the production time?
NAPT:A good 5 days of blood, sweat and the occasional coffee!
dbmlabs: Anything cool coming up in the next couple months you guys want to share?
NAPT:The next part of our N-Funk series “Make My Day” ft Louise Marshall/”Time You Realised” is out September 7 2009 on Funkatech Records. We also have some forthcoming remixes on MOFO records of Baymont Bros ft General Levy and Miss Sunshine “Wind Your Waist” and label owners Beat Assassins “Put Em Up” which will be out in fall. You can also catch us at a show near you soon!
In addition to hooking us up with their latest 12 inch dub track (awesome for remixing in with some acapellas by the way), they’ve released their Live in the Mix 2009 MP3 straight on their website. Cop that before it gets deleted!
You can listen to, save and burn “Live In The Mix 2009″. To listen click “Live In The Mix 2009″ below.
To save follow instructions below:
ON A PC – right click on the Live In The Mix 2009 link and select “Save Target As” from the drop down menu, select where you wish to save and click OK.
ON A MAC – hold down the “ctrl” key and click on the Live In The Mix 2009 link, then select “Download Linked File” or “Save File As” from the drop down menu. This will download the file to your desktop.
1. NAPT ft Louise Marshall “Make My Day” (Funkatech Records CDR) – EXCLUSIVE NAPT
2. Basement Jaxx “Raindrops” NAPT Edit (XL Recordings)
3. Drumattic Twins “Crazy Love” Peo de Pitte Remix (Fingerlickin’)
4. Slyde “Frequency” NAPT Remix (Fingerlickin’)
5. NAPT “Gotta Have More Cowbell” (Funkatech Records)
6. Beat Assassins ft Sweetie Irie “Boom Style” (MOFO)
7. Kaz James ft Macy Gray “Cant Hold Back” Luke Chable & TV Rock Remix, NAPT Edit
8. Alex Metric “Shirley You Can’t Be Serious” NAPT Edit (Marine Parade)
9. Phonat “Get Down My Dirty Street” NAPT Edit (Mofo Hifi)
10. Shadow Dancer “Together” NAPT Edit (XLR8R)
11. Deekline & Wizard ft Yolanda “Back Up Coming Through” NAPT Edit (Against The Grain)
12. Adam Freeland “Under Control” NAPT Edit (Marine Parade)
13. NAPT “Beats And Rhymes” (Funkatech Records)
14. Plump DJ’s “Shifting Gears” Stanton Warriors Remix, NAPT Giros Pjanoo Edit (Fingerlickin’)
15. Pyramid ft IC3 “Wickedest Combination” NAPT Edit (Funkatech Records)
16. Jack Beats ft Dynamite MC vs Plump DJ’s “What Cow” NAPT Edit (Cheaper Thrills/Fingerlickin’)
17. Peo Haggstrom “Be My Baby” Peo De Pitte Remix (Flatout Records)
18. Calvertron vs Banga “Whoop” NAPT Remix (Destination?)
19. Beat Assassins “Direct Hit” (MOFO)
—-> Stanton Warriors ft Beatnuts “Shake It Up”(Punks)
20. NAPT “N-Funk” (Sub Frequency Funk)
21. Todd Terry “Can You Feel It” Trouble Soup Remix (Distinctive)
22. Baymont Bross ft Lady Sunshine & General Levy “Wind Your Waist” NAPT
Remix (MOFO CDR) – EXCLUSIVE NAPT
—-> Phonat “It’s For You” (Mofo Hifi)
23. True Pseudo “Freakin’ Me Out” ULTRNX Remix, NAPT Edit (Calamity Jane Recordings)
24. NAPT “Time You Realised” (Funkatech Records CDR) – EXCLUSIVE NAPT
25. High Contrast “Make It Tonight” (Hospital Records)
26. Baymont Bross “Club Light” Instrumental (CDR)
27. Deekline & Wizard ft Yolanda “Angels” NAPT Remix (Against The Grain)
28. Baymont Bross & Muthan Breakz ft Bestbasstard “Drop The Bass” (CDR)
29. Stanton Warriors “Still Here” NAPT Edit (Punks)
—-> Pyramid “The Preacher” (Funkatech Records CDR)
—-> Kid Sista “Pro Nails” Rusko Remix (Fool’s Gold)
30. NAPT vs Kish Mauve “Lose Control” (Funkatech Records/Sony ATV)
—-> La Roux “In For The Kill” Skream Remix, NAPT Edit (Polydor)
31. Plump DJ’s “Leave The Addict Behind” NAPT Edit (Fingerlickin’/Axtone Records)
32. Brookes Brothers “Tear You Down” NAPT Edit (Breakbeat Kaos)
33. Alex Metric “Pins”(Marine Parade)
34. Splttr “All Alone” Alex Metric Remix NAPT Edit (Big And Dirty Records)
35. Beat Assassins “Put Em Up” NAPT Remix (MOFO CDR) – EXCLUSIVE NAPT
36. Pendulum “Out Here” (Breakbeat Kaos)
37. Phonat “Set Me Free” (Mofo Hifi)
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.